Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Homage to Isaac Mizrahi


isaac-779542
Originally uploaded by shuboy.
Isaac Mizrahi has a talk show. insane. he's insane. BUT he's insane in a really genius way.
He's got some woman on who lost 122lbs. He's doing a makeover on her. He went backstage while she was trying on different outfits... after she put on each outfit, he took a picture of her. HE TOOK A PICTURE OF HER. He told her that oftentimes when someone loses so much weight that they continue to harbor an image in their mind of their old, "large" selves. The photo helps them to step out of themselves and see what they really look like. Good. Really good.
I think there are times when the reverse is true for me. Or to clarify... I harbor an image of me when i was, um, thinner.
For instance; I wore something to an event where I was seeing several people who's fashion opinions I trust along with several others who's opinions I find suspect. Let me say that it wasn't an entire outfit, but just a "piece", as it were per se to wit et al... an accessory. Admitedly, it was something that I don't normally wear - I was taking a risk. I was expecting comment. Well, not so much "expecting" as prepared for comment. Nothing. I got nothing. I've retired "the piece".
Anyhow, back to Isaac... when he's done with interviewing a guest, he thanks them for coming on the show then turns to the audience and says, "Clap for her!". it's just brilliant.
He aslo does a segment called "Sketches and Answers" where he answers the audiences impromptu fashion questions with SKETCHES!!!!!! He does it right there in front of them. That too, is brilliant. some girl just asked what she should wear to an 80's theme party and he sketched the entire outfit - including coloring in the pieces AND sketching the hairdo (crimped side ponytail, but HIGH on the head).
He's hysterical. I LOVE him. I've loved him ever since he did Unzipped. I wanted to freakin' BE him after I saw that movie! One year for C'mas, The Uber-Sib gave me Isaac Mizrahi presents The Adventures of Sandee the Supermodel. How did she know?

1 Comments:

Blogger ver said...

What's not to love about Isaac? I've even considered (okay, well, only for about 2 seconds) buying an "Isaac" cardigan at Target simply because I love him. I bet he's a good scrabble player.

tvoptq!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home