Wednesday, May 19, 2010

the stress has broken me

Hi. I'm broken. I thought the moving thing was going just fine, but the Epilepsy gods decided it wasn't. ugh. since Sunday, I've had 8 seizures. I'm on the "mega-meds" and I feel like I'm walking through the day in a vat of marshmallows. I sleep very little through the night - mostly fits and starts - then spend the day sitting on the couch dozing off every hour or so.
I think Boogie knows there's something wrong cuz she spends the day laying next to me, just keeping me company, not wanting anything. I'll clear my throat or cough or stretch and she'll pop up and put here little paws on my shoulder and look me right in the face like she's trying to make sure i"m okay. hysterical. comforting.
Mike's "contractor" job doesn't allow for paid time off, so I'm flyin' solo during the day. He's been a champ, though. every night, he comes home and packs another room. I've only been able to do my Dressing Arena - no small task - the TV room and two of the upstairs closets. I did help clean out the "everything drawer" in the kitchen last night... THAT was insane. Where did we get all that kitchen stuff??!?!!! Why in the world would we have FOUR garlic presses, TWO rolling pins (exactly alike), FIVE cork screws (not including that mega corkscrew that was the Holiday Gift of the Season 5 yeas ago), 3 sets of measuring spoons, 3 funnels, any number of assorted mis-matched measuring cups, and a handful of unidentifiable "things"??? madness. I went through that drawer like a ninja, killin' off stuff left and right.
Today, I've promised Mike I'm going to pack up the pantry. Also, there's a little room off of the Dressing Arena where I keep my rolling rack of outerwear... that ended up being a bit of a catch-all for random extra TVs (2?!?!!), boxes of framed photos I never managed to put out here, and unused bedding. Doesn't seem like much, but the way I'm feeling, it'll take all the strength I can muster.
Gettin' sleepy. AGAIN. ugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, you must not stress. take it from me. I'm moving - again. and the brown paint looks fab...keep thinking about that and your whole new huge closet/room. xoxo

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home