Saturday, March 05, 2005

uh oh

Flustery/Blustery was the absolute WRONG way to describe yesterday. It was comfortably warm and sunny. Just beautiful. So I opened the sunroof on Mini and headed out.
Hayes Valley = Gimme Shoes. Oddly enough, I didn't go in.
I DID go into Huf. Huf = Groovy kicks.
Huf also equals what seems to be a poorly run retail store with groovy kicks.
I tried on and chose a pair of Nikes. The guy told me how they were great for running for some reason or other...
"uh huh. that's nice. I just like the way they look."
surprisingly, no smirk from the guy. he got it. "well, they're light. they won't weigh down your luggage." He definitely got it. unfortunately, the magical, LIGHT pair of shoes (that also went PERFECTLY with my new Puma jacket) were not yet entered into their inventory system and it was taking an inordinate amount of time (and patience on my part as well as the guy) to ring me up. I finally asked if it would be better for me to come back for them tomorrow. He thanked me and said that yes, it would be way better.
Jump into the car and head home...
LOOOOK!!!!! a parking spot right in front of American Rag! Visions of that U-Boat watch dance through my mind as I pull in. If it's over $???.00 bucks, don't do it. Don't do it Shuboy. Just try it on. Yeah, I'll just try it on. That's all.
Sigh. Pictures to follow, as soon as I load the camera with fresh batteries.

2 Comments:

Blogger FD said...

Huf, is a cool shoe store. Though, I've never been there, it's owned by the pro skater, Keith Hufnagel.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Shuboy said...

hmmm... never realized that. apparently there are two of them in the city. mostly nikes which i'm not totally into - currently still in a torrid love affair with Puma. it's definitely worth a walk-through whenever i'm in Hayes Valley.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home