Sunday, January 29, 2006

I know you're out there....

You probably didn't notice, but I've got Sitemeter on my blog now. It took me about a million years to figure out how to put it on (turns out it was really simple... so simple that I missed a step, ergo the million years that went by before my uber sib clued me in).
Anyhow... with Sitemeter, I can see when people stop by my blog. It doesn't tell me your NAME or anything, so relax... but it tells me what time you stopped by, your location and, if you used google, what search words were used to get you to me.
Like I said, it doesn't tell me your name, but I know enough about some of you to know who you are from the location. Ferinstance... i know when Ver stops by because it shows the city where she lives... I know when Auntie G stops by for the same reason. I know who it is when USC shows up as the domain name (hallooo L, thanks for stoppin' by). There are a several people who show up from our family website...
ANYHOW. I've got a couple of questions:
•Someone's checking in from Mountain View, California. WHO ARE YOU? you come by pretty often, and from what I can tell, you've got me bookmarked.
•Someone's been dropping by from San Francisco via our family website... WHO YOU?
That's really it... some people come by after viewing my profile. That's kinda' fun. I do that every once in a while... like I have West Side Story as one of my favorite movies and I've clicked on that to see who else out there likes it. It leads me to all the other bloggers who put WSS as their favorite movie. That fascinates me for about 15 seconds.
So... I know you're out there... (granted, nobody really stays very long - I can see that too)... but take a couple extra seconds and let me know you were here.
Thanks in advance!

6 Comments:

Blogger ver said...

But, see, it could just be that the person's server is in Mountain View. For example, I get a lot of hits from some city in Chicago, and it turns out that it's just Anna, whose work server is, for whatever reason, in that city...

9:57 AM  
Blogger Shuboy said...

k. i GET that. so the question should then be, "Who's SERVER is in Mountain View????"

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi... I was here. Looking for your shopping list that doesn't seem to exist anymore. Oh woe is me.


g

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know when I'm on? Does it say San Diego? Could it be me who's server is in Mountain View?

Lenggay

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I misspelled who's. I meant whose. Embarrassing.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Shuboy said...

no, you're not the one "who's" server is in Mountain View. Yours says it's in San Francisco.
The mystery lives on.
TRY MY SOUP RECIPE!!!!

L,
The lure of FS has been floating above me for several weeks now... I doubt that I'll be able to fight it off much longer. BE PREPARED!!!

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home