Monday, January 30, 2006

Serendipitous Gastronomy

I just finished dinner. I hadn't eaten all day and I was soooo hungry when i got home at around 7:30. I had to eat and I had to eat FAST. Opened the fridge... hmm... let's see... NO leftovers. ugh. Believe it or not, I am NOT above eating leftovers. In fact, I kinda' LIKE leftovers. Leftover adobo is especially good... but i digress.
I dug around and scrounged up the following:
chicken stock
brocoli
grated cheddar/monterey jack cheese
green onions
heavy cream
parmigiana regiano
garlic
Here's what i did with the above ingredients:
boiled the brocoli and one piece of garlic in the chicken stock
added a little salt and pepper (just a little)
when the brocoli was all soft and stuff, I dropped it all in the blender and hit puree
i slowly added about half a cup of the cream
then i added a LITTLE paarmigian regiano
then i added about 3/4 cup of the grated cheddar/montery jack cheese
VOILA!!!
SOUP!!!!!!
I MADE SOUP! It was thick and hot and GOOD. It was a weird green color, but whatEVER.
I poured it into a bowl and garnished with the green onion.
Amazing.
(oh... i cubed up some spam and threw it into the bowl too!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home