Saturday, June 17, 2006

Let the festivities begin

I just realized something. I love weddings. No. Seriously. I do. We're going to one tomorrow. The SO is doing a "reading" at this particular wedding. The one about, "... Love is not selfish..." blah, blah, blah. Anyhow, because he is an active participant, he was invited to the rehearsal dinner last night and because - i don't know - i LIVE with him, the grooms' parents invited ME. I was surprised that they invited me. I mean, they certainly didn't have to and I wouldn't have been put off or disappointed if they hadn't. But, the fact remains, I was on the guest list. The dinner was at "Bridges" in Danville. (You may remember the restaurant as it was featured in "Mrs. Doubtfire"). It was lovely. The food was very good and the company was amazing. EVERYone was so nice!!! I mean, I'm not particularly close to the couple... but BOTH sets of parents went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and welcome. Which brings me back to my whole, "I love weddings" thing. There's something about everyone being so damned HAPPY. Everybody HUGS you. Even if you're just "along for the ride", as it were. Several years ago, I attended the wedding of a co-worker. Her ENTIRE family embraced me like I was one of their own. (I think I was even in one of the official family photos- it was CRAZY). Their reception was at the St. Francis in downtown SF. They had also rented a big suite so that the bridal party and her family could go chill. I'm telling you, I spent as much time up in that suite with her family as I did in the banquet room!
I think I started to fall in love with weddings after my sisters'. Talk about an amazing time. I mean, yeah... it was a bit different in that it was MY family who was hosting it and I felt a certain amount of, I dunno, "ownership" I guess. But it was incredible nonetheless. I had always had this weird fantasy about clearing a dance floor. Y'know.. you're dancing and all of a sudden you realize that everyone else has moved off the floor and they're just watching you get your groove on? My fantasy was realized at my sisters' wedding. It was a cha-cha with Margo. That cha-cha secured Margo a place in my heart for the rest of my life.
Anyhow... I'm looking forward to this wedding tomorrow. So much so, i'm getting a haircut and buying a new outfit today!!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like you need an excuse to shop...

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home