Sunday, October 29, 2006

It's a sing-a-long!

I had a birthday this past week. Okay. Whatever. Fine. Great.
Anyhow, not surprisingly, I will often take advantage of the situation by treating myself to a gift or two (see previous post re: Boots). I went out yesterday in search of a "little something new" to wear to my b-day dinner with our friends last night (we went to Scott Howard - amazing. I had the shortribs with orzo mac and cheese. completely out of control). My little shopping day was proving to be unsuccessful and I headed back to Mini at the Sutter/Stockton garage. On the way, I spotted a little store that I rarely go into on Sutter - The Archive. I knew of this place... it was just in Paper City - something about hosting a launch party for some designer. I had been in before and frankly, the place was a bit too pricy for my wallet. Not sure why, but I decided to walk in. It's a cool store.... all dark wood floors and opaque white display cases. A good collection of high end, pleasingly obscure designers... I wasn't really into the clothes as they were showing fall/winter and it was an ungodly 80 degrees downtown. I just can't shop cooler weather stuff when it's that hot out... anyway, I concentrated on the display cases featuring accessories/shoes/jewelry. This is what I found:
werkstatt:munchen3
It's a bracelet... a really fabulous bracelet... brown leather and sterling silver... hand made by a german artist. His company is named Werkstatt:Muenchen (http://www.werkstatt-muenchen.com). i couldn't resist. The design was so clever. The smaller leather strap passes through the silver oval and snaps closed werkstatt:munchen2
I have pretty small wrists and the thing fit me perfectly
werkstatt:munchen4
and it was painfully expensive.

Sing along, please:
Happy Birthday you geek
Your own gifts you seek
You bought a new bracelet
and you'll starve all next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home