Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Ist Timer

I just got back from my first visit to the gym. I have a feeling this is going to be tough, but I'm hoping I'll be able to stick with this.
I spent 46 minutes on a treadmill. I didn't mind that at all. It didn't kill me and I didn't feel like I was going to die.
That's good, right? I wanted to start slow. I knew if I got to the point where I felt like killing myself on the first visit, I wouldn't go back. So I just set the machine at a nice, brisk pace and started walking. I played with the incline thingy (hated that... maybe when I get into this a bit more I'll try that again), I watched TV. Nice touch. Every machine has it's own TV and all you have to do is supply your own earphones. I really like that. It makes the time go by faster. I was going to try some of the other machines, but when I got off of the treadmill, I was a little dizzy. Is that weird? I didn't feel dizzy until i stopped moving... I panicked a little. I thought there might be a chance that I would topple over or something. How lame would that have been? sheesh. I stopped and leaned on a column as I slowly wound up my headphones. Most of the dizziness had subsided by the time I finished winding, so I started to walk around a bit. I felt kinda light headed... my legs felt super light.
I figured this was enough for my first time so I headed back to the locker room, changed and came home.
Yeah, I know it doesn't sound like much, but hey, it's more than I've done in a long time. I can't remember the last time I walked non-stop for 46 minutes. Just gotta stick to it... I'm going to have a turkey burger now. Oh! And prolly take a nap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so the dizzy thing is totally normal...and, if you are prone to choreograph things to WHATEVER music you are listening to, an ipod is a bad idea: Once I was running on the treadmill and listening to music...meanwhile in my head I am choreographing an amazing tap step, and before I knew it, I involuntarily attempted the step and almost fell of the treadmill. Now, skinning your face over a little improv step is just not worth it. I think the TV factor is a nice touch...stay away from the ipod...at least while on the treadmill.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home