Saturday, May 31, 2008

I was in Seattle

...just doing some work. Minding my own business. Thursday night I took the team out to dinner at a place that the DM recommended in Seattle's Capitol Hill District.
Quinn's_Menu

This place was INSANE!!!!! I've never seen a menu like this... amazing stuff. I had two "small plates" for dinner. The first one was - get this: French Fries fried in DUCK FAT with Fontina Fonduta and Veal Demi Glace WITH Foie Gras. Basically, a heart attack on a plate.

fries

I would have happily died after eating this. I was transported... It was so good, I actually got light headed!!!!!
The second dish I had was the Braised Oxtail with Gnochi and FRIED BONE MARROW!!!!!!

oxtail

the little golden nugget on the top was the bone marrow. they basically just dipped it in a light tempura batter and fried. sigh.
I'm off to pilates today... and I'll probably jump on my bike and go for a 300 mile ride. totally worth it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Probably shouldn't tell you this, but Hot Doug's in Chicago is only a couple hours away, and serves famous duck fat fries as well.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home