Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Please, just ONE indulgence.

Have you noticed the drop off of shopping posts? Well, HAVE YOU??? If you haven't, rest assured that there has been. I've made a concerted effort to curb my shopping. (Okay, the fact that I'm living in a shopaholics HELL has made it easy) Anyhow, I do a have a goal in mind. A very BIG goal. I'm hoping to achieve my goal in about a year. I'm pretty much on track.
That being said...
I got a pretty nice surprise this week. I got a raise. I wasn't expecting this. I mean, I've only been in position for 8 months... long enough to receive a review from my boss, but, like I said, I didn't think I'd get an increase. Um... I also got a bonus. OKAY, now relax. Just RELAX. I put 95% of it into my savings account. NINETY FIVE PERCENT. The old me would've blown through that bonus this weekend.
NOW... here's the thing... I've been good. REALLY, really good. I've been working hard and I got a great review from my boss. I picked up my life, quit a job that I was enjoying and jumped headfirst (with the SO by my side) into the abyss that is Madison. Moved away from my family who I desperately miss EVERY SINGLE DAY. I supported me and the SO for the first 4 months we were here until he got a job. I spend close to two hours every day commuting... more than that when it was snowing. I survived THE WORST WINTER IN RECORDED HISTORY in Madison.
I think I've earned one indulgence.
So here it is: I'm leaving tomorrow morning for New York on a business trip. I'm working on Thursday, visiting stores with the director of ops and my boss. I'm staying through Sunday (no, that's not the indulgence. even if I didn't get the bonus, I would've stayed). I'm shopping on Friday and Saturday and probably seeing a couple of shows. (no, that's not the indulgence either. even if I didn't get the bonus, I would've shopped and seen a couple of shows).
okay... enough already. HERE'S the indulgence:
I've hired a car and driver for 4 hours on Friday to take me shopping. hehe!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay so I was really hoping I might see you on Cash Cab. Dangit!

much fun.....:)

S

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home