Saturday, March 26, 2005

What time is it?

Why, WHY do i always wake up exactly six hours after I've fallen asleep? WHY??? Here it is 6:00AM on a Saturday morning and I've been awake for an hour. The SO will be asleep for at least another 3 hours, so I'm left to my own devices...
What to do, what to do? Prolly laundry. That would be glamorous. Or maybe clean my shower... even MORE glamorous.
Maybe I'll get back into bed and read. Hopefully I'll fall asleep again. or not.
Nothing major on the calendar today except dinner in Pleasanton (AAARGH!!!!!!! why can't they EVER cross the freakin' bridge???) for the SO's dad's b-day. I went to Harry and David yesterday and put together a gift basket for him. Now i'm thinking it's lame. I don't know why I care. I mean, i'm sure his dad will like it. Just a couple of jars of something or other and some asiago cheese crackers. oh. and some truffles. I've never been into a Harry and David before in my life. I had some sort of smoked salmon fantasy when i walked in... for some reason, I never made it to the smoked salmon. I think it was because I was loaded down by three gigantic shopping bags (I did easter baskets for my girls).
"Hi! would you like to try our Moose Mash?"
"Um, no." (it's not that I had anything against the mashings of moose. I HAD THREE GIGANTIC SHOPPING BAGS in my hands!) "But could you help me? I need to get something for my b/fs dad. It's his birthday tomorrow"
*blank look, weird smile from the pretty girl holding the Moose Mash*
"Oh! Okay. How about some Moose Mash?" What IS IT with the Moose Mash???????
"No."
"Okay, well lemme just put this down." FINALLY.
After pointing out an entire wall of bing cherries covered with a wide assortment of colored somethings that made them look like peanut M&Ms on steroids, we made it to the back wall where the "savory" stuff was. I'm sure I tortured the salesgirl by asking her if she'd tried each of the items she suggested... I decided to go with the stuff that made her eyes glaze over when she admitted to having tasted it. She was pretty and a bit chubby - I figured she knew what she was talking about.
Off to the register where the elaborate creation of the 'Basket' took place. While I waited patiently, trying to corral my shopping bags away from the other shoppers, a woman came up to the register to make her purchase. Instead of pulling out her wallet, she pulled out an envelope explaining (in more detail than truly necessary) that she hadn't activated her new credit card yet. "could I use your phone to call my credit card company?" Never ceases to amaze me how some people can be so inconsiderate. What in the world would make her think that it would be okay to turn a transaction that would normally take less than 2 minutes into the debacle that ensued? Why would she think that anyone behind her in line would be just THRILLED to wait for her while she activated her credit card. Just how busy could this woman's life BE that she couldn't have taken the time BEFORE going shopping to activate her credit card? And why was her hair so ugly?
Wow... i've digressed. Anyhow, I think the gift i got for SO's dad is lame. Maybe I'll get him a GC at Border's or something.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Moose Mash.
Moose Mash.
Is like the new slang for saying "thats the way it is"

5:55 PM  
Blogger ver said...

Moose Mash.

Okay.

But what IS it? Doesn't sound very promising...

8:56 AM  
Blogger Shuboy said...

it looked like some sort of caramel corn. kinda' like Fiddle Faddle. Remember that stuff?

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home