Friday, February 10, 2006

Olympic Moments

I don't know why, but I ALWAYS get sucked into watching the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics. I'm sitting watching them right now. I'm fascinated that whoever was responsible for choosing the music for the teams to enter the Olympic Stadium decided that bad 80's Disco was the way to go.
I'm also fascinated by the OUTfits of some of the teams. Like there was NObody in their country who would say, "Okay. STOP! I really don't think that it's a good idea to wear neon orange and green."
Madagascar just entered the stadium. They have one athlete. He got to carry their flag. Lucky devil! He's waving it like a pro, though... and he seems just fascinated by it - can't take his eyes off the damned thing. It's a little more of a SPECIAL Olympics moment, if you ask me.
Norway is entering to the strains of "Love is in the Air"... I can't remember which unfortunate country entered to "Le Freak". I honestly think that if I was on the team from that country i would've been the guy yelling, "STOP!!! We are NOT entering the Olympic Stadium to 'Le Freak'!!"

1 Comments:

Blogger ver said...

What about the delegation who was forced to enter while the delicate strains of "Love to Love You Baby" wafted gently through the winter night? SO CRAZY! I was keeping my fingers crossed for "Obsession," but it never happened.

I can't believe Madagascar managed to send an athlete, and the Philippines came up empty.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home