Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween. feh...

We just endured Halloween. I'm not so into this holiday. Even when we were in the bay Area, I only endured it because it meant we got to hang out with Ver and girls... oh! and the soup... Ver always made great soups on halloween and Anna would bring her home made croutons. but i digress.
This whole trick or treating thing makes me very uncomfortable. Strangers coming up to my door and asking for candy. This is begging, right? I feel embarrassed for these children. I also feel embarrassed for their parents standing a few feet behind them. If I had kids, I wouldn't do the trick or treating thing... I 'd host a party. They'd still get to do the (ick) costume thing, but they wouldn't need to go out and beg for candy. I can buy candy for my own children, thankyouverymuch.
Costumes freak me out as well. Costumes AT WORK really freak me out. I went to lunch on friday in the company cafe and there was a woman sitting alone at a table wearing a giant top hat, a black top and pants and gold shoes. I had no idea what she was, but i was mortified. I kept thinking about her getting dressed that morning... "I know! I'll grab that giant top hat that Lizzy got at that waterpark in The Dells... oh!!! and those gold sneakers I got at the outlet mall!!! THAT'll be a GREAT costume. Everyone will love it and I'll have such a great day at work!!" She didn't look like she was having a great day... she looked like she was thinking, "Why did I think this would be fun? And why didn't any of the girls want to have lunch with me? And why is that little Asian guy looking at me like that?"
Boo Humbug!

5 Comments:

Blogger CookieDuster said...

I wore my suit to work.

People were SHOCKED!

Not my fave holiday either.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

I think you just need a healthy dose of your sister's soup and Anna's croutons to make it all better....

xo

10:35 AM  
Blogger ver said...

Your "test" post didn't work. Were you just trying to post a you tube? Copy the "embed" coding and paste it in to a new post. Should work fine...

9:39 PM  
Blogger ver said...

UPDATE: it works in my Google reader, but it's not showing up on your actual blog. Maybe there's just a posting lag or something.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i deleted it!!! i was testing and it ended up working, so i just deleted it. that was just a vid of me playing with the camera. (i got the flip video thing for our vacation!)
km

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home