Friday, August 29, 2008

A break from all the whining...

We ventured out last weekend to Milwaukee where I found a replacement for my beloved Kid R0b0t. It's called H0t P0p and it's in a groovy little area called Third W@rd in downtown Milwaukee... a relatively short (and worth it) 1.75 hour drive from Mad-land. Anyhow, was thrilled to find this shop that carries my favorite little "toys". Here are my newest friends:

New_Geisha

and

uni

I love the way her hands peek out between the cuffs of her kimono and I love the Skull necklace on the chest of the Unisaurus.
The Unisaurus is by Joe Ledbetter - he's definitely popped to the top of my favorites list and the Geisha is from Toky0 Pl@stics. Need to make sure and keep an eye on those guys.
Anyhow... just wanted to make sure I wasn't coming off too gloom and doom.

4 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

fee-uew! I am so glad you are back doing shopping and what-not posts.

I wasn't diggin' seeing that "Sad" title when I clicked to check in.

:) ...good times

xo
Suz

5:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So, did you learn about Hot*Pop from my post about it, or did you find it on your own?

8:09 PM  
Blogger Shuboy said...

I actually found Hot*Pop when I was doing some research on Third Ward. I knew you were an Uglydoll enthusiast, but didn't realize you dug viny. We'll definitely go back there... but could YOU recommend a decent restaurant? We went to the one on the corner with the 2nd floor seating and after being seated up there we waited for 15 minutes without even getting a glass of water... we walked out. Ended up at The Palm (I think). It was okay...
anyhow, as always, thanks for stopping by!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't get over there all that often, actually, but there are some good recommendations in this thread on The Daily Page Forum.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home