Sunday, September 21, 2008

I think...

...I may have "arrived" here in Madison. Case in point:
-Last night we went out for sushi and ran into one of the designers from work and the owner of my favorite clothing store
-I've been invited to a birthday party for one of the VPs at work
-I can get a same-day appointment with my hairdresser
-While walking down the street after my haircut yesterday, I ran into the aforementioned proprietor of my favorite clothing store. It was about two hours prior to the store opening and he invited me in for a little private shopping time thereby saving me the inconvenience of having to come back two hours later. i LOVE that guy...
-I also receive a fifteen percent discount at the store
-My FRIENDS receive the same discount if they're shopping with me
I'm thinking about going after a seat on the Board of Directors for the city's Arts Center - it's good to have a dream.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Kick ass! I knew we'd getcha sooner or later.

Of course, I want to know where you went for sushi (gonna guess a Muramoto venture) and where you're getting your hair done (if you're near King St., I'm guessing Studio Quest? Elevation?), but that's simply because I'm nosy.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, so now I may actually need (all right, "need") to know where you go for your hair. My stylist just quit.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlene at Studio Quest. BUT... she's going to be gone through the end of October. She recommended Sidney as her back up and he's GREAT as well. Bueno Suerte con su pelo, mi amigo!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! and YES. It was Muramoto's at Hilldale. I like that one much better than the one off of the square. The square has all these crazy rolls with SAUCE on them. just gimme some simple, sauce-less rolls and plain nigiri and I'm a happy little sensei...
Shuboy

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home