Sunday, October 12, 2008

Is this creepy?

so I'm at dinner last week with Matt at some place that has a German name, but serves dim-sum. I was unimpressed, but that's beside the point. At the end of the meal, the waiter brings our check and announces that a certain co-owner of my favorite clothing store, "picked up our bar tab".
I would've been really pleased except for the fact that I didn't SEE him in the restaurant. Now, I wasn't looking for the guy, but... come over and say hi if you're gonna buy me AND my guest a drink. I mean, did he wander by and see us sitting there? Did he see us on the street and wander in after us?
I'm not sure how I feel about this...

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Natt Spil. It's Norwegian slang for "afterparty." The guys that own it also are part of the group of brothers that own Weary Traveler and Restaurant Magnus. Sometimes it's great, other times meh.

And yeah, without saying hi or waving or anything, it's a little weird.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Umm yes one vote for creepy. Even there in Madison........

Okay, German Pot Stickers? They would be very doughy I would think.............:) Did they stuff them with hot dogs?

Okay I'll stop now.

Your Blonde German Friend,

suz (xo)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Give us a little credit! The Berge Brothers are great restaurateurs. If their menus don't always succeed, it's not for a lack of ambition.

The food at Natt Spil is immediately recognizable as generally "Asian." Not always faithful to one cuisine, but always Asian. Not "German." There's no German in the place.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Shuboy said...

I have probably three faithful fans and now two have started a blog war!!! So exciting!
Kyle's right - definitely Asian cuisine. My lack of enthusiasm for the place was less about the food and more about my choice of entree. I'd give it another go... probably opt for the "3 cup Tofu" dish. My dinner companion ordered it and it looked and smelled pretty good.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

I meant no offense really. I'm sure the Berge's and all their brothers and sisters are fabulous. Just thought it was a funny-sounding combination.

I will keep any further dreams of frankfurters and pork buns to my self now..(he-he)

xoxo
Suz

ps
i've never been in a blog war --is it fun?? what should I wear?

2:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

: ) War is not the answer. It's not even the question!

No offense taken, Suz, and yes, the 3-cup tofu is easily the most well-received dish there. Good reputation.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home