Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Shopping List 6/7/05

well, here it is Tuesday and I didn't do my shopping list...

Last week:
1 Jack Spade Bag from Flight 001
1 Hooded Sweatshirt with "Go Ugly Boy" on the front from Neighborhoodies.com
1 Pewter Box with the words "beauty wonder devotion" inscribed on the lid (i'm using it as an ashtray) from Zonal

total: +/-220

now... i'm not sure what was up with that Pewter Box... beauty? wonder?? devotion??? It was more about the font than the actual words. it wasn't expensive. under 50 bucks, I think. I liked the weight of it. I liked that it had a lid on it. I immediately thought of it as an ashtray. it's about 3x5 inches. good ashtray size. and I like to be able to close an ashtray. the lid let's me do that.
hmm... the Jack Spade Bag. Yeah... like I really needed another one. I've been looking at this one for a while... and something my sister said to me came flashing back into my head when I saw it at Flight 001. We were in Maui and when she noticed that I was transporting my poolside essentials around in a plastic ABC Store bag, she said something like, "Don't you have some Jack Spade bag to carry your stuff around?" I've got like 25 of them... but none were right for carrying to the pool or the beach. I needed a tote. this is a tote.
I think that this "keeping track" is actually a good thing. I'm revisiting purchases. I'm not necessarily reTURNing purchases, but at least I'm rethinking. maybe the next step will be PREthinking purchases. we'll see.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so I finally commented on a couple of your posts..did you notice?

...at least your plastic bag was an ABC bag. It coulda been a lot worse.

12:50 PM  
Blogger ver said...

Oh, sure, go ahead and make me sound like some kind of shopping enabler.

You so crazy.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Shuboy said...

Sara... the plastic ABC bag i was carrying is probably not what you're thinking - not ABC Carpet and Home. ABC as in the 7/11 of Hawaii!
Ver... you're definitely going to have to take the fall for this. it's all your fault.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home