Thursday, March 09, 2006

Okay. Here goes...

Okay. I admit it. I FREAKIN' ADMIT IT. I am watching, "Barry Manilow, the Music and the Passion" on PBS right now. I will also admit that I AM LOVING IT!!!!! I can feel my "cool" factor quickly fading, but I DON'T CARE. I love Barry Manilow. I have always loved him. From the first time I heard "Mandy" to this very moment. LOVE HIM. I'm singin' along right now. I know EVERY SINGLE WORD OF EVERY SONG on this freakin' show. I'm 'bout this close to jumpin on a plane next week (i'm on vacation) to Vegas and seeing him live at the Hilton (or whatever hotel he's at). Screw "O", screw Celine - it's MANILOW I gotta see. There is NOTHING like a Manilow key change. Just brilliant.
They keep panning out on the audience... buncha' soft, middle aged women with bad haircuts and too much make-up. I wonder how would I fit into that audience? Would I clap along with the rest of the crowd? Would I sing along (like this woman on the screen right now?) Would I get up on my feet and dance? Shakin' my money maker and wavin' my hands in the air like i just don't care? All for Barry?
Yes to all of the above.
Shut up. I would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home