Monday, July 23, 2007

Panic

Sunday came and went with no word from the relo lady. I called and left messages with the VP or HR over the weekend assuming he'd be getting in touch with me today (it's MONDAY and we leave TOMORROW morning). Although we didn't spend any time with relo lady, we did spend the day with - get this - an old friend who lives in Madison and works for Lands' End. KEE-RAZY, right? The friend is from my days with the theater in San Mateo. He worked mostly on the technical staff and occaisionally took a turn or two on the boards with the rest of us. I found him during my interview day sorta'... his name came up during a random conversation in the cafe while I was having lunch with the VP of Employee Services. Anyhow, I gave him a call last week to let him know that we'd be moving to Madison and the kid almost died. We got together yesterday and spent the whole day from brunch to after dinner cocktails with him. It was great to catch up (he came out to me) and get a little inside scoop on LE.
The more time we spend here, the more we are liking it. The weather is absolutely gorgeous ( i KNOW, winter will be rough) and everyone is friendly and courteous. All of the restaurants we've been to have been great and while the "shopping" is limited at best, I think that will be fine. Like I've said before, Chicago is a 2 hr. drive and NYC is a 1.5 hr. flight away.
Let's hope we get a call from the relo lady tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home