Thursday, August 09, 2007

Endings and new beginnings

We were packed on Monday and loaded on Tuesday. We spent Tuesday night at the Embassy Suites in Burlingame (I know. We're fancy). We had dinner with all of my favorite girls (V-mo and crew) Tuesday night. I needed to see them last before leaving for Madison... dunno why, but I just had to. I'm glad I did.
We flew out Wednesday morning and the trip was relatively uneventful except for a delayed flight from Chicago to Madison - just an hour delay, no biggie. The real excitement started when we showed up at the Residence Inn and had no reservation. Yeah... the travel office at LE managed to book our flights and a rental car but neglected to make any sort of hotel reservations. This has not been the easiest of transitions, what with the lack of communication from the relo lady and moving people and now this. Not only did they neglect to make a reservation, but the place that they assured me they HAD made a reservaton at is non-smoking. Yeah. I know. It's bad for me. But I'm not about to quit smoking during a stressful time like this. So, back off. Can you tell I'm annoyed?
I called one of the LE relo people on her cell phone last night at 10:00pm while standing in the lobby of the Residence Inn and let her know, "I AM NOT HAPPY". I mean, really, how hard is it to make sure all of our travel arrangements are taken care of???? I mean, it's her fucking JOB. She pushed the blame off on some underling then assured me that everything would be taken care of tomorrow. I sent her the following e-mail last night as I sat fuming (and not smoking) in our room (we ended up checking in - we had no choice):
L,
We will be checking out of this hotel first thing in the morning. We're meeting our realtor at the new house at 9:00am.
Please have A make arrangements for a different hotel that has smoking rooms. I made it very clear that both myself and my partner smoke.
Have A call me on my cell phone and let me know where we will be staying.
Thank You,
Mike

Short, sweet and pissed. I really hope this is not a sign of things to come...
Fingers crossed, positive thoughts please.

1 Comments:

Blogger ver said...

Easy there, cowboy. Every move is fraught with drama. Just ride it like an ocean wave, ya freak! Um, I'm STILL full from the Elephant Bar....

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home