Monday, June 13, 2005

follow up to BOREDOM

Well, it wasn't the spectacular day I had dreamed it would be... I DID get out of the house. I was happy about that.
I didn't really do much, though. I went down to the beach for a bit and walked around. The weather was absolutely amazing. After that i headed over to J-town in search of Lion Coffee. Lion Vanilla Macadamia Nut coffee to be exact. I dunno, maybe I was looking to relive the spectacular early mornings i spent on the veranda in Maui. i still don't know why i didn't buy more before I left. Sure, I can order it online, and I probably will... i just thought it would be fun to be able to find it out here. I walked all over J-town and didn't find any Lion Coffee. I DID find Diamond Soda crackers, so i guess it wasn't a total loss. (by the way, food doesn't count as an item on my weekly shopping list)
I got Mini washed. I was contemplating going to the monster car wash over on S. Van Ness, but decided instead to go to the guys at the gas station on geary. support the local entreps, y'know?
This coming weekend is looking like it might be interesting... we just got invited to go see Mambo Kings on Saturday night. I called the SO to see if he was up for it and lo and behold, he was. S and his new b/f extended the invitation. sweet.
Sunday i've been invited to go to Father's Day with the SO's family. ugh. I'm definitely planning on NOT going to that. I'd rather do something with my own dad, and I think I will. Brunch at Absynth might be nice. I'll see if Ver's into that. whatever the case, i think he might like to spend time with the girls... we'll see.
Y'see, i've been basically abandoned for the last couple of weekends. I think the last weekend we spent together was labor day (or whatever that last 3-day weekend was) and i got to spend the 3rd day sitting on the couch while he was in the bathroom with his usual stomach ailment. I actually have a draft blog from that day just sitting around rotting... I was all hateful and bitter. I'm still not over it, but i'm not gonna go back to that draft and I'm definitley not going to publish it. All I have to say is that he'd better get to a Doctor and quit taking the medicine that his mother, the RECEPTIONIST, keeps getting from random drug salemen that drift into the Doctors office where she works as a RECEPTIONIST. Rediculous. Anyhow, after being abandoned for the past couple of weekends while he goes to his rehersals and his auditions, i'm not about to spend a day with his family. i'd like to present it to him that way, but i know he won't take it well. i'm hoping that he'll figure that out, but I really don't think he will. shit. i'll probably end up going with him. shit shit shit. whatever... it'll probably just be brunch. plus i think if i go, i can wrangle a side trip out of it. maybe hit The Magazine to shop for a floor lamp. or maybe i'll just fall asleep in the car on the way home and end up sitting around for the rest of the day. we'll see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need a cocktail.

Is there a Marukai Market around? If so, you could probably find Lion coffee there.


g

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home