Saturday, July 30, 2005

Arizona, here I come!

so i leave for the conference tomorrow on a 6:40 AM FLIGHT!!!!!! geez. that means today will be filled with running into the office for some last minute printouts and then running around doing last minute errands.
some thoughts about travelling..
•why is it that every time I'm going on a trip i have to go out and find some of those little bottles for my shampoo and other grooming essentials? do they evaporate in my bathroom cupboards after each trip????
•why can't hotels have REAL blowdriers? why do they all have those little ones that are attached to the wall???? i could do a better job by putting a tube in my mouth, aiming it at my head and blowing.
•where do they get the air in hotels? do they import it from a cheese factory in France and THEN filter it through old underwear?
•is it TRULY necessary to "turn down" the bed every evening? are there really people who can't manage to get those covers off the bed without a head start from the maid? it creeps me out enough having a maid in my room ONCE while I'm gone...
•am I the only person who just drops the towels on the floor of the bathroom when i'm done with them? I don't know why I do this in hotels as I'd never do this at home.
•am i the only person who goes to extremes to hide my underwear when i'm staying in a hotel? i don't know why I do this in hotels as I often just drop mine on the floor of the bathroom at home.
•do you ever stand at the peep hole in your room and look at who's walking down the hall? nope? just me then, i guess.
•why do cigarettes in hotels cost THREE TIMES AS MUCH as anywhere else? even if the anywhere is just down the block?
•while waiting at the luggage carousel, am I the only one who pictures my luggage emerging from the chute ripped to pieces with every piece of my underwear exposed for the entire airport to see?
•why do I panic every time I'm going through airport security? I don't understand my paranoia. especially since I've stopped travelling with all my BOMBS with me
•can anyone think of a real reason why you have to turn off your laptop whenever the plane is landing? for that matter, can anyone think of a real reason why the 7 year old sitting next to you has to turn off his GAMEBOY while the plane is landing???
that's it for now... i'm sure i'll think of other things...
your thoughts, please.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not alone! Lui has the same paranoia about her luggage being ripped open and finding her intimate apparel all over the carousel. When we helped her move to her dorm in her freshman year, she wanted to make sure we tied all of her belongings with a rope so that the luggage won't break open.

With regards to your hair dryer issue, ask the front desk for a better one. They usually have those that are not attached to the wall.

Leng

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I"m sure you're not the only one that drops towels on the floor, but, I'm sure I'm the only one that folds them neatly and leaves them on the edge of the tub.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home