Friday, August 24, 2007

A List

I'm making a list. A list of things I like here. Here it is:
•Our House.
I'm not spooked out anymore... the first couple of nights here I had trouble falling asleep because I kept thinking about the TWO doors that were so accessible to ANYone. I was positive that someone was just gonna bust in and murder us in our sleep. That's not bothering me so much anymore. Now that almost all the boxes have disappeared (thanks to Mike), the place is feeling GOOD.
*The Farmer's Market.
Shut UP. Okay, so tomorrow is only the second time we'll be going, but I'm really looking forward to it.
•Michael's Frozen Custard.
Apparently, it's legendary. We just tried it for the first time tonight. I had the Caramel Cashew sundae - vanilla Frozen Custard, caramel and roasted, salted Cashews. The whole salty/sweet thing was INCREDIBLE.
•Decorating Our House.
Having a BLAST making what we've got work and figuring out what else we need, and then figuring out where and how to get it.
•UnEarthed.
Groovy little store specializing in rescued/refurbished architectural finds. I picked up a set of 3 tin ceiling tile plaques (2'x2') that I'm putting on either side of the fireplace and just inside the front door. Also a rescued and refurbished catholic elementary school desk that had been painted red with a chalkboard finished top. GRU-VEEE!!!
•Rediscovering a sense of adventure.
Haven't felt like this since moving back to New York from Dallas... don't know anyone (except Our Only Friend in Madison, Matt), new job with new responsibilities, New House, new everything. I haven't gotten into my car not knowing where I was going in a long time - the best part about that is not caring. The whole point of the excercise is to get lost and find my way home again.
•I'm enjoying the new sense of freedom.
What I'm NOT enjoying is the "missing" feeling. I can't dwell on it... I don't name what I'm missing because it's too hard. It's just too hard.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I haven't gotten into my car not knowing where I was going in a long time..."

wow.... what a luxury. That's how I live my life and I have a GPS! Sad, but true...

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home