Saturday, August 18, 2007

One week later..

Week one of the new job is done. Check it out. Here's what my commute looks like:
commute 1
commute 3
all farms, cornfields, and - apparently - soy bean fields. Rock Me Edamame!

This week at work was easy enough... went in on Monday and had my "orientation". Same old stuff... learn about the email system (completely useless as I was the only person in the group on a mac), benefits info, discount policy, blah, blah, blah.
The boss lady gave me Tuesday and Wednesday off to help with the arrival of our stuff. THAT's a whole different post...
Went in again on Thursday and had a meeting with one of the other two Directors in the department. Scary. He was supposed to go over the systems and processes in his group. Just he and I for 2 hours and then we were scheduled to have lunch together. Well, after making me wait in his office for 10 minutes, he showed up with his Sr. Manager and she did all the talking. Then he took a "rain check" on lunch with me. Nice. Two hours later his Sr. Manager "stopped by" my office and spilled her guts. "He doesn't get it", "He has no clue", "His whole team is over worked", "You seem to really gettit... HELP", etc. Charming. THIS oughta' be interesting.
Later that day, I met one of the 6 people who are going to be reporting in to me. (Interestingly enough, everyone else on my team was travelling - I guess that's why it was easy enough for my boss to give me Tuesday and Wednesday off) Great girl. Hard workin' WI stock, etc., and cute enough. Friday was a half day for me...
Seems like things are going to be manageable... The rest of the team is in next week and I'm really looking forward to meeting them.
Today is Saturday which can mean only one thing. FARMER'S MARKET!!! Woohoo. I sent V-Mo's 'right hand gal' an e-mail last night begging her for a corn salad recipe that she had made for our going away party. Got it this morning and added all the ingredients to our FARMER'S MARKET list.
Geez.. I'm jonesin' for a shopping trip somewhere OTHER THAN TARGET.
This is gonna work... no, really, it is. Don't worry.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh.... you could go cow tipping!

1:10 PM  
Blogger CookieDuster said...

Working with Mr. "Doesn't Get It" doesn't sound like fun.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home