Friday, August 10, 2007

Madison, Day Two

Don't know how long I'm gonna keep up the day count...
anyhow, it's 7:20am in lovely Madison (okay, we're actually staying in Midleton, which is about 5 minutes away from Madison), and we're just starting our day. As mentioned before, we're planning on meeting up with Auntie Linda and Uncle Jeff, show them the new house and then exploring downtown Madison a bit more.
In the meantime, I'm furiously googling Filipino Food - specifically Sinigang in Madison Wisconsin. Not much luck yet, although I have found 3 Asian food markets (oddly enough, all of them on the same street). If any of you, my loyal readers, are wondering what you might need to send to us, it's SINIGANG mix.. Mamacita's, Knoors, whatever - we'll take it.
Rumor has it our cars may be arriving today... that should be interesting as I've only seen about 3 Minis out here so far.
Really looking forward to AL and UJ's visit. Can't figure out what to wear. I guess I'll just go with something comfortable - it's hot and HUMID out here. It's been a while since I've had to deal with humidity like this (it's just like NYC in the summer), and I'm trying hard not to run from it.
Eww... we went up into the attic of the new house. I guess, "eww" is a bit strong... there's really nothing "eww-y" about it except the fact that it was oppressively hot up there. We were pleased to see that the door leading up to it had weather stripping all around it. I guess that's to keep the heat/cold from seeping into the living quarters.
Sorry for the stream of consciousness blogging... just got a lot on my mind and I want to get it out there...
more to come from the AL and UJ visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home