Sunday, September 02, 2007

We did it.

Yes, we attended the game. No, I did not wear the Bucky Badger T. I opted instead for True Religion Jeans, a white button down shirt and a red bandanna tied cowboy style around my neck. Also wore the blue suede Jack Spade bag... yeah, a bit on the "Red, White and Blue" side, but the bandanna was such a small part of the whole outfit... well, you get the picture.
ANYHOW... Seeing as how Camp Randall is about 5 blocks away, I was coerced into walking there. Oddly enough, there were people parking for the game out in front of our house (we could tell because they had truly committed to the whole "Red" thing). It was a beautiful day (albeit a bit on the warm side) and we wandered down Regent St towards the stadium. On our way, we started to hear the UW fight song floating through the air. At first I thought it was coming from the stadium... but I figured, no, that couldn't be it... it sounded less like a college marching band and more like a cell phone ring tone. Turned out this is what we were hearing
creepy children on the way to the game
Sorry for the poor quality of the shot... I didn't want to get too close... for some reason the little girl in red playing the UW fight song on an electric organ in her driveway (over and over and over and over again) creeped me out. I stayed on our side of the street.
As we got closer, it seemed like things just got redder and redder and redder... including the faces of the college kids partying out in front of their houses. Oh! Speaking of the houses... people who lived within 4 blocks of the stadium were actually renting out their driveways as parking spaces. One house was obviously inhabited by a marketing genius. They were charging 15 bucks for space and you get a free "Bratwurst"; ergo their sign, "Spot and a Brat - $15.00" . Sorry, I was so amused, I missed the photo op.
A few more shots of our walk as we got closer to the stadium:
almost there...

getting closer/redder

and we finally arrive
we're there

We managed to make our way up to the suite. Lovely. I can't imagine attending sporting events of this magnitude any other way. Loads of food... lots of beer... they were making bloody mary's... nice.
This is a shot of what was going on down on the field when we got to the suite. Some sort of marching band thing... kinda' fun. Everyone seemed very excited. THEN, they made a big "M" for us!!!
they made an "M" just for us...
Funny... they had their back to us... odd.
All in all, it was really fun. We actually stayed for almost the whole time. I believe UW won 28 to 21. Or something.
I thought I'd end this post with this shot to drive home the whole "Red" thing. (no, i did not alter this photo in any way)
KEE_RIST, that's a whole lotta red
GO BIG RED!

2 Comments:

Blogger CookieDuster said...

I think I saw that little girl in a Stephen King movie...

8:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That last shot of the "Red Sea" is gorgeous! Almost as pretty as Neyland Stadium (Knoxville) in bright orange.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home